IRC Afterschool Program. We are currently seeking retired professionals as volunteers who are particularly gifted at teaching high school math. IRC’s Afterschool Program is designed for refugee and immigrant students, grades 9 through 12, at Clarkston High School. The program provides daily homework help and academic assistance as well as college preparation support, enrichment and community service activities, opportunities to take field trips and participate in workshops, and more. Program volunteers are needed Monday-Thursday from 3:30-5:30pm mostly to assist students with homework.
Requirements: Must be patient, encouraging, and comfortable working with youth from diverse backgrounds, many of whom have limited English proficiency. Particularly in need of tutors familiar with high school math (especially trigonometry and calculus) and/or science (chemistry, biology, physics) content. Must be fingerprinted as per state law.
If interested, please contact: Aria Albritton firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher needed in China. Dipont Education Management manages 27 international programs in many of the best schools in China serving approximately 7,000 students. Starting in September 2018, Dipont will open two K-12 schools in Wuxi and Hangzhou, with many more schools to follow. Among other responsibilities, this position entails:
- Teaching up to 26 periods per week to A-level/AP/IB students
- Providing monthly teaching plans
- Tutoring a group of students as assigned by the Center Principal
- Advising in regard to specialized subject resources required for students to optimize their learning experience
- To obtain a work visa in China, you must not yet be 60 years old
- Bachelors’ degree or above
- Relevant teaching experience
You will receive exceptional support, training and opportunities for advancement. Dipont staff will help you navigate the immigration process, find a place to live, set up utilities, and many other life needs. As for the classroom, these will be some of the most dedicated, appreciative students you will ever teach.
To apply: Submit your resumé to email@example.com.
Retired Teacher is needed for Tutoring Program in Savannah, Georgia near the Downtown area. Candidate will possess curriculum knowledge to provide effective and concise math, reading and ELA instruction to students of all ages.
Our students have reading and comprehension challenges and are slow to grasp math concepts.
Candidate must have the ability to tutor in a small group setting. This is a part time position and Instructor will work anywhere from 8 -10 hours per week. Hours will vary, but generally are from 3:00pm-7:00pm Tuesday –Thursday.
If interested, please email J. Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912-220-7721.
Huntington Learning Center in Decatur, Georgia is hiring part-time teachers. Retired teachers are welcome to apply. We need dedicated teachers starting in April with an emphasis on the following areas:
- Advanced High School Math
- SAT and ACT Prep
There are no lesson plans to write or homework to grade, so our teachers get to spend their time directly working with students. Starting salary is $13.00 per hour. Please send a cover letter and resume to DecaturGA@hlcmail.com
Be part of a Global Movement to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The Juliette Low Birthplace is seeking to hire a part-time (hourly) Associate Representative to work as a tour guide, program leader, and customer service representative. This includes engaging with visitors of diverse ages and backgrounds in ways that promote active learning, empower girls to take action in their own lives, and support the Girl Scout Movement. We are open Monday-Saturday throughout the year, and Sundays on holiday weekends. As a tourist site with a large school-aged audience, we are busiest during the spring and summer months, with fewer work hours in the fall/winter slow season. Current starting rate is $10.60/hour.
- Passionate about sharing history, especially with young people, in an interactive museum environment
- Reliable, flexible, and personable
- A great communicator
- Able to work as a team player, while upholding the Birthplace mission
- Available to work flexible weekday hours and some Saturdays, including some evening event work
- Available to work increased hours during our busy spring/summer busy season
- Research and develop your own core story-focused tour based on training and materials provided to you
- Lead Girl Scout troops in hands-on programming that connects the past to the present
- Assist as needed at the front desk, selling tickets and welcoming visitors, and assist in our museum shop
- Show initiative in assisting with daily tasks such as program prep, light cleaning duties, and office work
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and storytelling skills
- A good work ethic, with a desire to continue to learn, grow, and develop new skills on the job
- A background or demonstrated interest in a museum environment, history or education
- A background or demonstrated interest in working with the public, especially children
- A demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
Located in the heart of downtown Savannah, Georgia, the Juliette Low Birthplace is the childhood home of the Founder of the Girl Scouts, as well as the place where some of the first recruitment meetings for Girl Scouts in the United States were held. By interpreting Girl Scout history and championing girls’ and women’s empowerment through tours and educational programming, the dedicated staff of the Birthplace supports the critical mission of GSUSA to “build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.”
To apply, please send your resume in an email (with cover letter in the body of the email) to:
Manager of Tours & Education