Advanced Academics in Savannah
Join Our Campus Team: Campus Manager, Teachers, & Tutors
If you are interested in the art of education, without the stress and expense of the occupation, please apply. We are looking for team members who enjoy teaching through play, promoting creative and critical thinking, love to work thematically, believe that all children learn at different rates, and that 21st century learning skills are part of the learning process. Job sharing is an option as we encourage a work-life balance. We cannot offer benefits at this time, but offer a competitive hourly rate based on experience. To learn more about our classes or to apply, visit our website at www.adv-aca.com.
The Explorseum Children’s Museum in Statesboro, GA: We are currently seeking retired professionals as volunteers who are looking to play like a kid again. The Explorseum believes in the power of play, but we can’t do it alone! We need your support to expand imaginations, inspire learning, and support educators. If you’re interested in supporting the work of The Explorseum Children’s Museum, consider being a volunteer.
Volunteers with a special interest in working with children:
- Registration Desk: Greet guests; answer questions about the museum; assist in stocking, displaying and selling merchandise in the gift shop; share your knowledge about the museum, exhibits and programs.
- Museum Educator: Interact with children in the exhibits to facilitate positive learning experiences; encourage play and exploration; assist with guiding groups and setting up programs
- Storytelling: Using books, props or small activities to engage children in an approved literary selection; engage participants and encourage comprehension.
Volunteers with special talents who want to work from home:
- Membership Assistant: Process membership application; prepare renewal reminders; assist with marketing of memberships
- Clerical Assistance: Help with preparation of newsletter and other mailings; routine correspondence for museum staff
Volunteers with special talents interested in periodic tasks:
- Exhibit Assistant: Repair and maintain existing exhibits; assist with repairs and renovations as needed (with assistance from Exhibit Maintenance Co Chair Committee)
- Special Event Assistant: Assist with specific fundraisers or other museum events; attend committee meetings; assist during event with various tasks.
- General Maintenance Assistant: Routine repairs throughout the museum; handyman projects as needed
- Program Assistant: Assist program director with supply inventory, maintenance of program areas and materials as needed.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Sarah Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912.246.4966.